Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Follow up MRI - not so great :(

Since my last chemo treatment, I've had to go back for one more targeted treatment of Herceptin.  Pretty straight forward, no issues.
Dr. Browne also examined me and ordered a follow up MRI so we can see what the 12 weeks of chemo and targeted treatments have done to the tumor. 
On 4/5/16, I went in for the MRI.  I had to take some pre-meds so that I don't have an allergic reaction to the dye like last time.  When I got my results, they weren't so great!  UGH!  Are you kidding me - what a blow!!!  Basically, it's mixed results.  The Good News is that nothing new has appeared.  The Bad News is that not much has changed in relationship to the tumor.  So, 12 weeks of chemo and targeted treatments, ups and downs, body changes, hair loss, a true emotional roller coaster on a daily basis that only me and my family can understand for not much change to this damn tumor.
Needlesstosay, I'm devastated!  Dr. Browne was hoping to see the tumor more or less gone before surgery, but that's not the case with me.  It's still there saying "hello, I'm still here".  At least nothing has changed as far as my treatment plan as of right now, but going into surgery is going to be a bit more complex.   I hope they can get this sucker out and any of it's little friends hiding in the cells of my body, lymph nodes etc!  I was told I have a "Stubborn Tumor'.  Really, come on now!?!  I just want this thing to go away!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. As a woman, I can only imagine how you must have felt when you were told that you had breast cancer. Fear, anxiety, and sadness must have pulsed through you. It is great, however, that you’ve decided to document your journey as you battle this challenging disease. I wish you nothing but luck in your journey and look forward to reading it.

    Kacey @ Glendale MRI

    ReplyDelete